BC Research Inc. is a member of the NORAM Group of companies, headquartered in Vancouver, BC. As a premier process development and scale-up company, we operate pilot and laboratory facilities. We also undertake electrochemical development work for the process and resource industries worldwide and are now searching for an experienced electro-coatings/corrosion specialist to join our team.
The successful applicant will play a leading role in innovating electrochemical platforms for industrial electrosynthesis, organic electrochemistry and electrolysis.
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will:
- Devise novel methods and recipes for the improvement, fabrication and application of electrode coatings to trial.
- Lead project, experimental and development plans, including plant trials.
- Where required devise, build and operate appropriate equipment to enable the production of new coatings.
- Support industrialization of novel electrochemical platforms
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally, you will bring with you:
- A Ph.D. in chemistry/corrosion/materials science plus at least 5 years’ experience working in an R&D environment.
- A background in electrocatalyst coatings.
- Excellent knowledge of materials, ways of making electrocatalysts, and applying these to electrodes and characterising them.
- The ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver electrochemical platforms into industrial applications, including the electrification of chemical processes, water electrolysis, and organic synthesis.
- A good grounding in corrosion and physical chemistry involving transition and refractory metals and oxides, and precious metals.
- A working knowledge of physical characterisation tools such as XRF, SEM, EDX and XRD.
- Experience in the electrochemical testing of electrodes including performance, accelerated wear, cell reversal and load cycling.
- The motivation of a self-starter, and the determination to see a project carried over the goal line.
- Richmond, BC, Canada
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com